Bonus Post/Test

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Testing to see how this goes with my phone...

Music Appreciation:
Mixed Tape (errrrr CD burned from play-list)

1 Route 66/Chuck Berry
2 Route 66/Depeche Mode (these first two were a test... to see if the students are cool... though to be totally honest, the older I get the more I can tolerate, even appreciate non-DM versions)
3 Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy/Andrew Sisters (the great-grandma we are visiting is an Andrew Sisters fan -- I can see her dancing around to this while doing her dishes -- i tell the kids that and they giggle... and it brings to mind a road trip with my mom and best friend when I was about 13 (?) and it was either this tape or am radio)
4 I'd Like to Live on the Moon/Ernie
5 One Way or Another/Blondie
6 Puff the Magic Dragon/PP&M 
7 Autumn in NY/Sinatra
8 A Kiss to Build a Dream On/Louis Armstrong
9 Wonderful World/Louis Armstrong (this was really crappy mixed-tape creating -- IF you have absolute need to include two songs from the same artist you are never supposed to order them back-to-back... frickin' amateur...)
10 Visiting the Zoo/Dramarama (yes, we are... and this song reminds me of my older sister who ALWAYS brought her mixed tapes and dominated the music in the car... though I should have been grateful... after she left I obviously didn't bring anything to the table if I was relying on my mom's Andrew Sisters collection...)
11 Jailhouse Rock/Elvis (we all fancy EP)
12 St. Louis Blues/Bessie Smith, Louis Armstrong 
13 Fox in the Fields/Fantastic Mr. Fox 
14 Call Me Al/Paul Simon 
15 Soul Sister/Glee (don't ask)
16 I'm Sticking With You/Velvet Underground (today is our anniversary)
17 Little People/Les Miserables (our urchins enjoy this song... I don't, but we have the West End version, so I can suffer through because of the British accent)
18 God Only Knows/Beach Boys (we took this route before and stopped in Cleveland at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... learning about this song there completely changed how I think about recording music -- it's an art)
19 Crazy Love/Van Morrison 
20 Stuck in the Middle/Stealers Wheel
21 Get You into My Life/Beatles
22 I've Had the Time of My Life/Dirty Dancing (what the what? yet another reference to a roadtrip when I was a kid... I guess I was creating a loop -- choosing songs I connect with childhood roadtrips so they will have the same connections... in this case I was in a caravan with four other friends and two moms and we kept playing and flipping this Dirty Dancing soundtrack... I often scratch my head over the fact that our moms let us constantly watch this movie as 12-year olds... I guess watching Grease as seven-year olds had adequately prepared us for mature themes???)
23 Night Waltz 1/A Little Night Music (the offspring love the part when Angela Landsbury says, "To lose a lover even a husband or two during the course of one's life can be vexing, but to lose one's teeth is a catastrophe. Bear that in mind, child, as you chomp so recklessly into that ginger snap."

And I'm spent. This was too long of an experiment. Took me longer to peck this out on my phone then to listen to the playlist.