There's Always Don Knotts

Thursday, December 27, 2012


Ugh. The little creep gave me his little creeps. I've been feeling achy and cranky and freezing cold all day. 

Today there was quite a bit of listless wandering about the messy apartment. Too cold to go out when we feel like junk. Blech. The Sister manned the ship while I did some volunteering (before I realized I was going down...), and even once I was home she was still managing things as the only functioning not-small person... but even she's slightly strung-out from the too many moving parts associated with college applications. We're falling apart.

Aside from some art (The Girl), and some report-writing about marine life (The Boy), there was a math lesson on arrays


Somewhere in the fog there was a viewing of The Apple Dumpling Gang. Don Knotts. (That's a complete sentence.)

Finally The Dad came home and took them over to the church gym for some running around. The good news is that Judd the Red Chicken is about back up to speed. Whatever this is, it's short-lived. (I'm trying to subtly imply that the crappy parts to the scheme are short-lived and life in general goes better for people who know that even when things are blech there are still good days to be had... and there's still Don Knotts... but I'm too murky-headed to make this work.)