In the Ether (#1)

Friday, August 31, 2012


The Boy sits in our bedroom by himself* reading books, daydreaming, and listening to records.  The Girl used to tell me everything, but now I can tell she's starting to be more selective.  They are growing up and maybe it's pathetic of me to write it, but I want more memories.  

This year seems like the perfect time.  Both kids are fun to be with and funny to talk to, their studies are interesting (but not too hard!), and they still think their parents are authorities in some areas.  Last year The Girl would have been too little, next year The Boy has the big admission into middle school process (this is for public middle school placement and it's more work than most of us put into college applications).  Further, the time is swiftly approaching when I'll need to get off my biscuit and get a job.  This city isn't free and a savings account doesn't grow by itself.

And the number one reason we decided to home school is... it feels like our year.  The cosmos have aligned -- at least close enough for all of these reasons I've listed to make sense to me... right now.  


*I think he's alone.  This picture that I took makes me think that I have a ghost hanging out in there...